Friday, August 26, 2011

Jacoby Ellsbury Card

Here it is, the card I've been targeting for the past few weeks!





















Name: Jacoby Ellsbury

Set: 2007 Topps All-Star Futures Game Authentic Patch

Serial Number: 91/99

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 10/10

I've been waiting for this card for a while, and at first glance, it was worth the wait. As you can see in the picture of Ellsbury, the orange-black-white swatch was taken from his Futures' Game jersey (Was Orange and Black because San Francisco hosted the game), but it is a cool coincidence that those were also his college colors.

I don't think this counts as a rookie card, since Ells was drafted in 2005 and played his first full minor league season in 2006, but it is a MLB rookie, since he first played for the Red Sox in '07.

Maybe my rating system is getting too soft since I have had a few cards now that have been 10 out of 10's, but a three color swatch from one of the best Beaver baseball players of all-time definitely deserves a high ranking.

--Connor

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

    Thanks!

    Frank
    frank641w@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete