Tuesday, July 19, 2011

12 of 28: My Oregon State Cards

As you can tell from reading my profile, my favorite college team is the Oregon State Beavers. I currently have 10 Oregon State cards, and here they are:

Name: Yvenson Bernard (Rookie)

Set: 2008 Topps Rookie Progression

Serial Number: 127/249

Gotten From: Legends - Clackamas, Oregon

My Rating: 8/10

I really like this card. Yvenson is one of my favorite Beavers of all time and the card has a nice blue piece of his Hula Bowl jersey. It's not very rare, but at least it has a serial number.

Name: Mike Hass (Rookie)

Set: 2006 Press Pass Signature Edition

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 6/10

The only reason I don't like this card is because of the plain white jersey. However, the design of the card is awesome. You've got the angry Beaver logo in the corner, Hass in his full jersey with the retro Beaver on his pants, Silver lettering, and the swatch is in the shape of a Football. All of those things are important to a card nerd like me.




















Name: Derek Anderson (Rookie)

Set: 2005 Upper Deck Rookie Debut

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 7/10

I like this card for two reasons. One, it has a piece of his blue jersey from the 2005 East-West Shrine Game, and two, it shows Derek in his old school Oregon State jersey, which is one of my favorites. It's also a rookie card, so that helps the value.
Name: Dwan Edwards (Rookie)

Set: 2004 Topps Draft Picks and Prospects - Big Dogs

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 5/10

This isn't a great card, mainly due to the all white piece of jersey. It does come from the 2004 Senior Bowl and is a rookie, but that's about the only value this card has.
Name: Mitch Canham (Rookie)

Set: 2007 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads - Extra Edition

Serial Number: 336/500

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 9/10

This is my second favorite card out of my entire collection. It is numbered to 500, it's a rookie of my favorite Oregon State baseball player, a piece of his bright orange jersey from the 2006 CWS, and (Major nerd alert here) the jersey has small holes in it, which I think looks a lot better than just a plain jersey swatch.

Name: Jacquizz Rodgers (Rookie)

Set: 2011 Press Pass Saturday Swatches

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 7/10

This is a pretty good card. It's got a nice piece of orange jersey on it and a cool picture of Quizz on the left side of the card. It's also a rookie, so this card could be worth something if he ever makes it big in the NFL.

Name: Joe Newton (Rookie)

Set: 2007 Topps Draft Picks and Prospects - Senior Standouts

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 7/10

Once again,a pretty good card. It features a bright red piece of jersey from the 2007 Senior Bowl, so that's cool.
Name: Darwin Barney (Rookie)

Set: 2007 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads - Extra Edition

Serial Number: 256/500

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 8/10

This card isn't that special except for the bright orange jersey from the 2007 CWS, but it is a DARWIN BARNEY ROOKIE. This is probably my best card from a value standpoint, and will only contineu to increase as Barney's MLB career continues.

Name: James Newson (Rookie)

Set: 2004 Topps Draft Picks and Prospects - Big Dogs

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 5/10

This comes from the same set as the aforementioned Dwan Edwards card, and it gives me the same feeling.
Name: Sean Canfield (Rookie)

Set: 2010 Press Pass Certified Authentics - Gridiron Gamers

Serial Number: 8/299

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 7/10

Usually I find black swatches boring, but for some reason I really like it on this card. Besides for the swatch, it has a nice picture of Canfield in a throwing motion and is numbered to 299. All in all, a pretty good card.

So, there you have it. Out of all my Oregon State cards, I'd say that the Mitch Canham, Yvenson Bernard, and Darwin Barney cards are my favorite. I'm always looking for more Oregon State jersey cards, so if you'd like to sell or trade one, just leave a comment.

Next up: My five Portland Trail Blazers Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment