Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Big Card Day

Seeing as I haven't gotten an actual card in a couple of weeks (Busy with the blog, work, etc.), I decided to go out yesterday and get a couple of cards.

I went to my two favorite card stores, Legends and Baseball Cards and More, and got a card from each. Then when I got home and checked the mail, there were two more cards waiting for me! Here are my new additions:





















Name: Gary Payton - Boston Garden Seat Card

Set: 2001 Topps Heritage - Authentic Arenas

Gotten From: Legend's - Clackamas, Oregon

My Rating: 8/10

I know the picture is awful, so you'll just have to trust me when I say that this is an awesome card. It's got a picture of Payton in his Sonics jersey with a two-color relic of a seat at the old Boston Garden. The only reason that I don't rate this higher is because it's kind of confusing.

It says on the back of the card that Payton played in the Garden once a year from 1990-1995. Okay, I still think it's weird that they have a relic of the Garden on a Payton card, especially since the card was made in 2001 and he didn't play with the Celtics until 2004, but whatever, it's cool.
Name: Jeff Pendergraph - Jersey and Ball Card (Rookie, Autograph)

Set: 2009-2010 Absolute Memorabilia - Rookie Premier Materials

Serial Number: 496/499

Gotten From: Baseball Cards and More - Portland, Oregon

My Rating: 9/10

This is a great card. A red jersey and a black jersey with a piece of ball in-between, an autograph, a rookie card, a former Pac-12 player and Blazer, and a serial number. This is only my third autograph, my second two-jersey card of one player, and my first ball-relic card.

Overall, a nine rating is much deserved.
Name: Roberto Alomar - Bat Card

Set: 2011 BB Series 1 Diamond Anniversary - Topps 60

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 7/10

Bat cards are always nice, especially from a player like Alomar. Plus, it's another card for my "Topps 60" collection.




















Name: Ryan Howard - Bat Card

Set: 2011 Topps Baseball Heritage - Clubhouse Collection Relic

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 7/10

I've got the same feelings on this one as I did on the Alomar card. The piece of bat is nice, and the old-school design of the card is nice as well.

--Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment