Friday, July 29, 2011

28 of 28: Miscellaneous

Here's a look at my 11 miscellaneous jersey cards. This will be my final post on my current collection, and after this we will get into the next cards I should add, plus some contests!














Name: Matthew Stafford (Rookie)

Set: 2009 Donruss Football Threads - NFL Rookie Jersey Collection

Gotten From: Target - Portland, Oregon

My Rating: 8/10

I like this card for a few reasons: One, it's the only jersey card I've ever pulled out of a pack. I don't go "pack-searching" like some people, so this is a pretty rare feat for me. Second, it's a rookie card of a great quarterback, and third, it's got a nice piece of his blue jersey. Overall, a great card.





















Name: Chad Johnson

Set: 2007 Donruss Leaf Rookies and Stars

Gotten From: Amazon.com

My Raing: 6/10

There's nothing very special about this card, besides for the bright orange piece of jersey. Johnson is one of my favorite NFL players, but this is a pretty mediocre card.
















Name: Dontrelle Willis

Set: 2008 Upper Deck Sweet Swatch Memorabilia

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 6/10

Another mediocre card. I do like the pinstripe down the middle, but a Willis card isn't as great as it was a few years ago.

















Name: Chauncey Billups/T.J. Ford

Set: 2009-2010 Upper Deck Dual Game Materials

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 7/10

This card just has a "cool" look to it. I love Ford's purple jersey, and it goes together nicely with Billups' white swatch. It's also my second card of the "Dual Game Materials" set, so overall it gets a solid ranking.
Name: Willis McGahee

Set: 2009 Donruss Certified

Serial Number: 57/100

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 7/10

This is tied for the rarest card in my set, but that's really the only reason I like it. The purple swatch is nice, but I like Ford's light purple above more than this dark purple piece.
Name: John Lackey

Set: 2011 Topps BB Series 2 Diamond Anniversary - Topps 60

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 4/10

I got this card for free, but it's the worst card in my collection. Lackey isn't exactly a great pitcher and the white piece of jersey is boring. It is one of my four "Topps 60" cards, so that's good.
Name: Lance Berkman

Set: 2007 Upper Deck Essential Elements - Authentic Dual Memorabilia

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 6/10

I'm not a huge Berkman fan, and the pieces of jersey are boring, but it is a dual card, so that ups its value a little bit.

Name: Stephen Drew - Bat Card

Set: 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter's

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 7/10

This is the first card in my collection that features anything but a jersey, but I like it a lot. The card had a great look to it and Stephen is my favorite Diamondback, so this gets a solid ranking of seven.

Name: Taylor Griffin (Rookie)

Set: 2009 Panini Rookies & Stars - Dress For Success

Serial Number: 93/299

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 8/10

This is one of my favorite cards, even though it features a pretty bad player. First of all, he is Blake Griffin's brother, so that's cool. Second, it's a rookie card. Third, it is kind of rare as it is numbered to 299, and finally, it has a nice bright piece of orange jersey. Add those up and Griffin gets a rating of eight.
Name: Kevin Gunderson (Autographed)

Set: 2005 USA Baseball National Team

Serial Number: 51/100

Gotten From: Ebay.com

My Rating: 10/10

Here it is, the prize of my set. I don't have a Beckett account, so I can't look up the prices of my cards, but if I had to guess I would say this is only worth a few dollars. That doesn't matter to me though.

First of all, Kevin Gunderson went to the same high school as I go to now (Central Catholic), and he also went to Oregon State, my favorite university. This is his card from when he pitched for the 2005 USA Baseball team, along with his opening day jersey, a red signature, and it is only numbered to 100, making it tied for the rarest card in my collection.

So, maybe it's only worth a few dollars, but for a Central Catholic-Oregon State-Jersey Card-Red Autograph-Serial Number fanatic like me, it is priceless.





















Name: Shin-Soo Choo

Set: 2011 Topps BB Series 1 Diamond Anniversary - Topps 60

Gotten From: Listia.com

My Rating: 5/10

It's kind of a letdown looking at this card after my Gunderson one, so this only earns a rating of five. There is nothing special about it, except that the gray jersey looks okay. A lot better than just plain white.

--Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment